1.Sound processing algorithms for Smart Sound Processing
Modern day sound processing applications both for the city and the home, call for sophisticated and costly algorithms and high-cost specific devices to be properly implemented and executed. This objective considers the development of high-performance algorithms capable of being executed in general-purpose devices either distributing both the computational cost and sound signal acquisition and generation, or optimizing the algorithm execution.
Photograph of the prototype mounted in the listening-room of the Virtual Sound group.
2. Implementation of acoustic solutions in smart networks.
This objective is oriented to the development of specific sound applications in both HLL and ULL environments.
- Muti-room/Multi-ambient sound field control system with cancellation, masking and enhancement capabilities.
- Noise masking system to improve the speech intelligibility in HLL.
- Inmersive audio system for rendering virtual sound scenes in HLLs.
- Active noise control system based on virtual sources.
Scheme of an immersive audio system in HLLs.
3. High performance computing systems based on multicore/manycore platforms and consumption-aware devices
This objective is oriented to the implementation and management of systems based on low-consumption and high-performance devices that can cooperate in solving problems.
4. Analysis, design, implementation and optimization of sequential and parallel algorithms of Numeric Lineal Algebra.
Development of algorithmic tools based on Numeric Lineal Algebra that can be used as enabling technology. It covers all types of decompositions as well as discrete and continuous optimization problems.